Help Us Meet The Health And Safety Needs Of Your Child
- Students with Asthma should keep an inhaler in their backpack and/or in the Health Office. A completed Asthma Action Form should be turned into the Health Office.
- Students with Food/Insect/Latex Allergies should keep an Epipen in their backpack and/or in the Health Office. A completed Allergy Action Plan should be turned into the Health Office. If your child will be eating in the school cafeteria, please complete a Special Diet form and turn it into the nurse.
- Update the school health office with any new medical diagnoses your child has or any new medications your child is taking.
- Inform the school health office of any changes to your child's emergency card/contacts; including new phone numbers.
- Update the school health office with any known severe food allergies (such as tree nuts, peanuts, etc.) or other severe allergies (such as insect bites) your child has. Please make sure the school health office has current health care provider orders for Epipens and Benadryl.
- Provide the school health office with Epipens and Benadryl as ordered by your child's physician in the event of an emergency as La Cueva High School is NOT a "peanut free" school.
Other Helpful Health Information
- School Based Health Centers
- When is too sick for school?
- APS ¿Cuando Está Demasiado Enfermo Su Hijo(a) para Ir a la Escuela?
- Cover your cough poster (PDF)
- Talking to children about the flu. (PDF)
- Hand washing poster (PDF)
- Proper hand washing tips
- Lavarse las Manos
- Cloth face coverings info
- Usar una Cubierta de Tela para la Cara
- Asthma Action Plan for NM Schools.2016 (PDF)
- Spanish Asthma Action Plan 2016.Spanish (PDF)
- OTC Med or Short Term Prescription English (PDF)
- Provider Order and Medication Authorization Form.pdf (PDF)
- NM Allergy Provider Medication Authorization 2015 (PDF)
- Special Diet Authorization Form (PDF)
- Change in Medical Status form (PDF)
- Authorization to Release Records (DOC)
- Seizure Medical Management Plan (PDF)
- Diabetes Medical Management Plan (to be completed by student's healthcare provider) (PDF)