The La Cueva High School Parent Teacher Association invites all parents to partner with us in supporting the students and staff as we sponsor activities throughout the school year.
Please join the PTA in the teacher's lounge on the 1st Tuesday of the month from 1:00-2:25pm.
Allen Krumm Memorial Scholarship 2016-2017
Allen Krumm was La Cueva's first principal, the Allen Krumm Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a selected application based on:
- Demonstration of personal qualities, such as perseverance, initiative and a willingness to work hard
- Potential to be a well-respected representative of La Cueva High School
- Potential to succeed
This memorial scholarship is administered and funded by the La Cueva High School PTA. The deadline to apply for the 2016-2017 Allen Krumm Memorial Scholarship is Friday, March 31, 2017 at 2:30 pm in the Counseling Office.
Instructions and Application are available for download below.
PDF Format: 2017 Allen Krumm Application.pdf
Word Format: 2017 Allen Krumm Application.docx
Senior Art Award
Senior Art Purchase Award
It is time again for the Senior Art Awards!
- You are invited to submit your best piece of 2D or 3D work by Friday, April 21st to Ms. Zibners, Room B18
- Only one piece of art per student can be entered into the contest
- You do not need to be enrolled in an art class at La Cueva in order to participate
- Entry forms are available in the art rooms and are linked below
- Works will be judged on Wednesday, April 26th
The LCHS PTA will purchase the two winning pieces for $500 each!
Purchased pieces will be displayed in the case by the office or framed and hung in the school library.
Download the Senior Art Purchase Award Application to turn in with your artwork.
Parent volunteers are needed throughout the year to help support the activities we sponsor:
- Activities Office (elections, ticket sales, etc.)
- Attendance Office (one morning or afternoon a week)
- Counseling Center (as needed)
- Mailings (once/mo., 2 hrs. in am, or as needed)
- Pizza Sales (during lunches throughout the year)
- RAD GRAD (senior party after graduation--plan, chaperone, and solicit donations)
- Receptionist (relieve receptionist 1 day/wk)
- Registration/Orientation (in August before school starts)
- Scholarship Application Review (Allen Krumm Scholarship, active in April-May)
- Staff Appreciation (provide food at various times and for spring luncheon)
- Test Proctor (practice ACT/SAT testing 3 hrs. in evening, 2 times per year)
Please contact Cindy Perner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 857-0800 if you would like to volunteer.
Electronics and Cartridge Recycling
Did you know you can help us raise funds for the LCHS PTA while helping the environment? By donating your used electronics and empty ink/toner cartridges, we can turn these into cash for PTA programs ...more