La Cueva High School  Logo
Our School Mission/Vision/Goals Grade Book Absence Form Student Health Services Lunch Menus Instructional Council Meetings Alumni Attendance Bell Schedules Free or Reduced Priced Lunch Application Title IX
Tutoring Transcript Information Math Honors and Advanced Placement Courses Media Center / Library Course Offerings Special Education
Athletics Team Websites Sports Camps Publications & Forms Head Coaching Staff Internal use Record Book: Sports History La Cueva Athletic Hall of Fame
La Cueva's Clubs Key Club MCJROTC National Honor Society Student Senate The Edition - School Newspaper Seek Bible Club
Parent Teacher Association Committee Information and Forms Reflections Arts Recognition Program Contact Information La Cueva PTA Banner Sponsors Meeting Minutes National School of Excellence Newsletter Archive
La Cueva Counseling Credit Recovery eCADEMY Dual Credit Class of 2018 Letters of Recommendation Testing: College Entrance/Preparation College Visits AP Exams Financial Aid Counseling Resources
Administration & Support Staff
School Faculty

Instructional Council Meetings

Instructional Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes

 

IC-DC MEETING AGENDA

9.19.17, 2:40-3:40

Library

Topic: Instructional Council Concerns

 

Attendees: Nix, Pino, Griego, Keilbarth, Jenkins, Yoshida, Marberry-Profitt, Berger, Timm, Barnhart, Robinson, Novak

Facilitator: Frank Timm

Note taker: Brett Rimer

Time keeper: 1stSgt Griego

Meeting objectives:

  • Discuss proposal to break up APS
  • Debrief instructional rounds
  • Discuss 9th Grade Parent Night
  • Find English and math tutors
  • Discuss copy situation
  • Discuss notification policy for student receiving F
  • Demonstrate Versifit access

To prepare for this meeting, please:

  • Read this agenda

Schedule [60 minutes]

Time

Minutes

Activity

2:40-2:41

1

Check-in and review how objectives of this meeting connect to our ongoing work

 

2:41-2:50

9

Review next steps from our previous meeting

  • textbook needs—The Americans (50 at least)
  • Google training needs—Monday PLC
  • Splitting PLC facilitator money ($3250)—split by department

 

2:50-2:50

0

Review plus/deltas from our previous meeting

Plus

Delta

[pluses from previous meeting]

[deltas from previous meeting]

 

2:50-2:51

1

Announce forum to discuss splitting up APS—LCHS hosting on Oct. 27 a forum with board members, legislators, community members re: APS de-consolidation

2:51-3:00

9

Debrief Today’s Instructional Rounds—EHS, LCHS feeder principals conducting walkthroughs looking for student engagement (What are students doing?, What are teachers doing? What is the task?); in some classes 99% teacher driven; some opting-out by students; our task as a staff is to build on data to make improvements in instructional practices and strategies that authentically engage students (What does engagement look like? How do we take it to a higher level?);     

 

3:00-3:01

1

Discuss 9th Grade Parent Night—geared toward helping struggling students

3:01-3:05

4

Find English and Math Tutors—send out sign-up link again

3:05-3:10

5

Discuss Copy Situation—entire school

3:10-3:15

5

Discuss F Notification Policy—electronic notification of distribution of report cards

3:15-3:20

5

Demonstrate Versifit

3:20-3:25

5

Review next steps from this meeting

  • Mr. Rimer will send out tutor sign-up link again
  • Mr. Rimer will tweet out report card distribution

3:25-3:27

2

Assess what worked well about this meeting and what we would like to change for next time

Plus

Delta

  • Agenda
  • time-keeping
  • student representatives
  • at least one rep from every department

 

3:27-3:30

3

Up Next:

  •  
       

 

 

IC-DC MEETING AGENDA

9.5.17, 7:00-7:20 a.m.

Library

Topic: Instructional Council Concerns

 

Attendees: Jin Yoshida, Richard Faulkner, Justin Duggins, Lisa Nix, Gerri Barnhart, 1stSgt Griego, Mr. Rimer, Oriana Pino, Michael Sanchez, Frank Timm, Anthony Ansotigue,  Melissa Marberry-Profitt, Greg Berger, Susan Eden

Facilitator: Frank Timm

Note taker: Griego

Time keeper: Timm

Meeting objectives:

  • Clarify grade posting expectations
  • Review text book counts
  • Decide how to split $3520 for PLC facilitators
  • Gauge Google Sites training needs
  • Preparing Substitute Lesson Plans

To prepare for this meeting, please:

  • Read this agenda

Schedule [20 minutes]

Time

Minutes

Activity

7:00-7:01

1

Check-in and review how objectives of this meeting connect to our ongoing work

7:01-7:02

1

Review next steps from our previous meeting (IC Retreat)

7:02-7:02

0

Review plus/deltas from our previous meeting

Plus

Delta

[pluses from previous meeting]

[deltas from previous meeting]

 

7:02-7:04

2

Clarify grade posting expectations:  Average of two grades per week post grades once a week.

7:04-7:06

2

Review text book counts:  Departments asked to check and see how many books are on the shelf in bookroom.  Do we have enough?

7:06-7:11

5

Decide how to split $3250 for PLC facilitators:  Discuss with departments on how to split the money.

7:11-7:15

4

Gauge interest in Google Sites and training needs:  Mr. Endler is willing to come to La Cueva and offer training on Google sites.  Training will start in November.  Teachers can still use whatever web sites they are using, will have to post on their sites.  Will discuss dates next meeting.

7:15-7:16

1

Preparing Substitute lesson plans:  Lesson plans should be prepared so that substitutes can have easy access and not having to log in to computer (hard copies).  Request list of subs from admin.

7:16-7:18

2

Review next steps from this meeting

  • Remind department members of grade posting expectations
  • Check with Robin Cogan about textbooks and report back to Mr. Rimer--how many remain on hand vs. count in system, do we need to order more, what is in most urgent need of replacement?
  • Report to Mr. Rimer decision(s) about splitting PLC facilitator monies
  • Report to Mr. Rimer Google Sites training interest

7:18-7:20

2

Assess what worked well about this meeting and what we would like to change for next time

Plus

Delta

  •  
  •  

 

       

 

Instructional Council Meeting Agendas & Minutes

 

IC MEETING AGENDA

May 15, 2017, 2:45-3:45

Library

Topic: Instructional Council Concerns

 

Attendees: Berkompas, Shaw (Greg),  Timm, Marberry-Profitt, Faulkner, Yoshida, Jenkins, Rinaldi, Duggins, Pino, Balder, Bedeaux, Dutton, Barnhart, Smart, Conell, Perea

Facilitator: Frank Timm

Note taker: Brett Rimer

Time keeper: Richard Faulkner

Meeting objectives:

  • Finalize dress code and provide new guidelines to admin for consideration
  • Determine whether we need an IC Chairperson election
  • Discuss use of library for testing
  • Discuss end of year plans/concerns

To prepare for this meeting, please:

  • Read this agenda

Schedule [60 minutes]

Time

Minutes

Activity

2:45-2:46

1

Check-in and review how objectives of this meeting connect to our ongoing work

 

2:46-2:48

2

Review next steps from our previous meeting

 

2:48-2:49

1

Review plus/deltas from our previous meeting

Plus

Delta

  • Timekeeping
  • Move through template more quickly

 

2:49-2:54

5

Finalize dress code and provide guidelines to Brett Rimer

  • Enforcement has to happen
  • Dawna Berkompas will provide a copy of guidelines to Brett Rimer

2:54-3:00

6

Determine whether we need an IC Chairperson election

  • Frank Timm will serve for 2017-2018

3:00-3:15

15

Discuss use of library for testing

  • See handout provided by Greg Shaw
  • Research for end of year projects is problematic or impossible at times when library is used for testing
  • Could we convert other spaces to computer labs or add more machines to existing labs?
  • Have all scheduling done by testing coordinator?
  • More training/communication up front
  • We need a full time tech person
  • Could we assign laptop carts to departments to allow for classroom administration of EOC’s?

3:15-3:30

15

Discuss end of year plans/concerns

  • Can we have a column in the grade book spreadsheet that shows absences?
  • Coordinate with Ms. Barnhart to plan for fall book distribution (during registration or first week of classes?)

3:30-3:35

5

Review next steps from this meeting

  • Finalize dress code (send doc to Mr. Rimer)
  • Staff Survey for next year’s school goal
  • Registration Plans? (waiting on budget)
  • IC Retreat? (waiting on budget)

3:35-3:40

5

Assess what worked well about this meeting and what we would like to change for next time

Plus

Delta

  • Time management
  • Bring Brittany back

 

3:40-3:45

5

Up Next

  • Dress Code document (OneDrive shareable/editable)
  • IC Retreat
       

 

 

IC MEETING AGENDA

March 7, 2017, 7:00-7:20

Administration Conference Room

Topic: Instructional Council Concerns

 

Attendees: Faulkner, Conell, Balder, Rinaldi, Berger, Griego, Timm, Grange, Rimer, Dutton, Barnhart, Yoshida, Lee

Facilitator: Frank Timm

Note taker: Lauren Alsup

Time keeper: Dawna Berkompas

Meeting objectives:

  • Review ESSA Draft
  • Update IC on Dress Code
  • IC Reps/Dept Chair Elections for 2017-2018
  • Nominate Student Representatives for 2017-2018

To prepare for this meeting, please:

  • Read this agenda
  • Think of students to nominate as representatives

Schedule [20 minutes]

Time

Minutes

Activity

7:00-7:01

1

Check-in and review how objectives of this meeting connect to our ongoing work

7:01-7:03

2

Review next steps from our previous meeting

  • Read the article
  • Mention PARCC data to department (audience and purpose)
  • Have coaches send email to staff letting them know that if there are disciplinary issues with athletes to let them know. Identify their athletes.
  • Waiting for student dress code input. Share new thoughts.

7:03-7:04

1

Review plus/deltas from our previous meeting

Plus

Delta

  • Consistency of format of meeting
  • Need student representatives

 

7:04-7:08

4

Review ESSA Draft

  • PED website – educator comments

7:08-7:10

2

Update IC on Dress Code (Decision?)

  • Faculty dress code?
  • Enforceable?
  • Re-meet by committee

7:10-7:12

2

IC Reps/Dept Chair Elections for 2017-2018

7:12-7:15

3

Nominate Student Representatives for 2017-2018

  • Dana Hart
  • Libby Vaughn
  • Emma Hazard
  • Gabe Cuneo

7:15-7:17

2

Review next steps from this meeting

  • Coach contact
  • Student senate dress code feedback
  • Nominees
  • IC/DC reps
  • Cancel April 4 morning meeting in lieu of March 28

7:17-7:19

2

Assess what worked well about this meeting and what we would like to change for next time

Plus

Delta

  • Timekeeping!
  • Move through template more quickly (do we need to do this)

 

7:19-7:20

1

Up Next

  • Activities follow same standards as athletics
  • School Spirit—Pep rallies, encouragement to attend games, excused absences with ticket stubs to go to games, what can we do to improve? Balance between activities and athletics?
  • Electives promotion
       

 

 

 

                                                                IC MEETING AGENDA

 February 21, 2017, 2:45-4:00

Library

Topic: Instructional Council Concerns

 

Attendees: IC Members: Bedeaux, Balder, Rinaldi, Marberry-Proffit, Conell, Eddings, Faulkner, Timm, Berger, Jenkins, Berkompas, Rimer, Barnhart, Dutton, Moores

Facilitator: Frank Timm

Note taker: Dawna Berkompas

Time keeper: Lena Eddings

Meeting objectives:

  • Review PARCC Data and Disciplinary Literacy
  • Update on Dress Code
  • Review Athletics Policies

To prepare for this meeting, please:

  • Read this agenda
  • Review literacy article Martha provided

Schedule [75 minutes]

Time

Minutes

Activity

2:45-2:47

2

Check-in and review how objectives of this meeting connect to our ongoing work

2:47-2:49

2

Review next steps from our previous meeting

  • B hall to be used for electives fair (change to gym)
  • Rimer to present new wording on survey questions (complete)
  • Present dress code to depts, student senate, & PTA

2:49-2:51

2

Review plus/deltas from our previous meeting

Plus

Delta

  • Time keeping
  • present ideas for next meeting
  • go over informational text/data from PARCC
  • change delta to next ideas

 

2:51-3:21

30

Review PARCC Data and Disciplinary Literacy

  • There are some questions on the ELA Test that test students on reading science/technology and reading history.
  • Look at PARCC released test items to see what these questions entail.
  • Discuss with departments (the scores and the article). Bring back notes on what departments discussed.
  • Consider the audience and the purpose of writing in different disciplines.

3:21-3:31

10

Update on Dress Code

  • Or, do we keep what we have but “no spaghetti straps” and “no sheer clothing or cutouts”

3:31-3:51

20

Review Athletics Policies

  • Grade declarations will happen 7 days after the end of the grading period. (March 1 at 8am)
  • Drug problem at school: Admin can only give consequences for what they know about. They have limits on what they can do.
    • What can IC do to support admin?
    • Coach’s support with athlete misbehavior in class. When emailing off-campus coaches, they might not regularly check their aps email.
  • If you know or hear of anything going on, please let Moores know. Same if you are not getting responses from coaches. More can be done if it is in writing.

3:51-3:55

4

Review next steps from this meeting

  • Read the article
  • Mention PARCC data to department (audience and purpose)
  • Have coaches send email to staff letting them know that if there are disciplinary issues with athletes to let them know. Identify their athletes.
  • Waiting for student input. Share new thoughts.

3:55-3:57

2

Assess what worked well about this meeting and what we would like to change for next time

Plus

Delta

  • Consistency of format of meeting
  • No student representatives

 

3:57-4:00

3

Up Next

  • Student representatives in place by May 2017 for the 17-18 school year.
       

 

 

IC MEETING AGENDA

February 7, 2017, 7:00-7:20

Administration Conference Room

Topic: Instructional Council Concerns

 

Attendees: Lena Eddings, Martha Bedeaux, Dawna Berkompas, Robert Perea, Frank Timm, Jin Yoshida, Richard Faulkner, Kevin Balder, Greg Berger, Brittany Dutton, Kim Conell, Jane Smart, Mike Reilly, Dana Lee, Ginger Rinaldi

Facilitator: Frank Timm

Note taker: Lena Eddings

Time keeper: Brett Rimer

Meeting objectives:

  • Decide on Electives Fair Location
  • Decide on Quality of Education Survey Questions
  • Get Update on Dress Code Committee

To prepare for this meeting, please:

  • Read this agenda
  • Bring Quality of Education Parent Survey Questions 16-20 Feedback

Schedule [20 minutes]

Time

Minutes

Activity

7:00-7:01

1

Check-in and review how objectives of this meeting connect to our ongoing work

 

7:01-7:02

1

Review next steps from our previous meeting

-Spend money

-Establish members of Dress code committee

-DC email EOC policies

-Distribute P/T conference guidelines

-List of Electives classes/tables

 

7:02-7:03

1

Review plus/deltas from our previous meeting

Plus

Delta

  • Solid time keeping
  • time management
  • heads up on storm looming
  • orderly discussion
  • honor norms

 

7:03-7:05

2

Decide on Electives Fair Location (B Hall?)

  • B hall might provide better traffic flow & easier setup for art

 

7:05-7:10

5

Decide on Quality of Education Survey Questions

  • Solidify meaning of time-frame for return of emails to within 2 school days
  • meaning of functional campus to include specific words regarding cleanliness of campus

 

7:10-7:15

5

Get Update on Dress Code Committee

  • handout given by D. Berkompas for feedback
  • minor suggestions made
  • chairs to run this by departments
  • seek opinion of student senate

7:15-7:17

2

Review next steps from this meeting

  • B hall to be used for electives fair
  • Rimer to present new wording on survey questions
  • Present dress code to depts, student senate, & PTA

 

7:17-7:19

2

Assess what worked well about this meeting and what we would like to change for next time

Plus

Delta

  • Time keeping
  • present ideas for next meeting
  • go over informational text/data from PARCC
  • change delta to next ideas

 

7:19-7:20

1

Up Next

  • Review PARCC Data/Interdisciplinary Literacy
  • Athletics Policies
       

 

 

 

 

 

IC MEETING AGENDA

January 17, 2017, 2:45-3:45

Library

Topic: Instructional Council Concerns

 

Attendees: IC Members

Facilitator: Frank Timm

Note taker: Lauren Alsup

Time keeper: Casey Grange

Meeting objectives:

  • Decide on Electives Day plan (February 22 combined with music assembly day)
  • Review/Establish Departments’ EOC Grading Policies
  • Decide on Norms/Expectations for Parent/Teacher Conferences
  • Check Progress on Dress Code Committee
  • Discuss state budget shortfall this year (possibly shortening school year)/next year (increase contribution to retirement) and brainstorm possible district level solutions for next year

To prepare for this meeting, please:

  • Read this agenda

Schedule [60 minutes]

Time

Minutes

Activity

2:45-2:46

1

Check-in and review how objectives of this meeting connect to our ongoing work

 

2:46-2:48

2

Review next steps from our previous meeting

-Electives day feedback/list of classes

-invite 11 graders

-EOC policies from departments

-Spend department money by the end of January

2:48-2:50

2

Review plus/deltas from our previous meeting

Plus

Delta

  • Agenda on Promethean
  • Time limits
  • Less re-hashing

 

2:50-3:00

10

Decide on Electives Day plan (February 22 combined with music assembly day)

-off Monday, SLC on Thurs & Fri

-long assembly schedule

-Regular C day on Tuesday, Assembly & long lunch on Wednesday with electives fair in library.

-Elective fair made a part of PLC day next year.

-long lunch(?)

3:00-3:10

10

Review/Establish Departments’ EOC Grading Policies

-e-mail sent from DC about dept. decisions

3:10-3:20

10

Decide on Norms/Expectations for Parent/Teacher Conferences

-Must be scheduled with counselor and/or administrator

-Show up when scheduled

-times are 7:10 or 2:30

-If teacher cannot make conference, contact must be made with parent

-Third party must be present

-Student should be there, unless circumstances don’t permit

-(?)one teacher conferences(?)

3:20-3:30

10

Check Progress on Dress Code Committee

-Who is in charge? Dawna Berkompas(!)

-Review minutes from August minutes

-TBD at later date

3:30-3:40

10

Discuss state budget shortfall this year (possibly shortening school year)/next year (increase contribution to retirement) and brainstorm possible district level solutions for next year

-Furlough

-Retirement

3:40-3:43

3

Review next steps from this meeting

-Spend money

-Establish members of Dress code committee

-DC email EOC policies

-Distribute P/T conference guidelines

-List of Electives classes/tables

3:43-3:45

2

Assess what worked well about this meeting and what we would like to change for next time

Plus

Delta

  • Solid time keeping
  • time management
  • heads up on storm looming
  • orderly discussion
  • honor norms

 

       

 

 

IC MEETING AGENDA

12.6.16 7:00-7:20

Administration Conference Room

Topic: First Semester EOCs

            11th Grade IC Representative

            Electives Day

Attendees: IC/DC Members

Facilitator: Frank Timm

Note taker: Casey Grange

Time keeper:

Meeting objectives:

  • Determine EOC grading policy
  • Appoint 11th grade representative
  • Review feedback on Electives Day ideas

To prepare for this meeting, please:

  • Read this agenda
  • Be ready to decide on EOC grading policy
  • Be ready to appoint 11th grade representative

Schedule [20 minutes]

Time

Minutes

Activity

7:00-7:01

1

Check-in and review how objectives of this meeting connect to our ongoing work

 

7:01-7:02

1

Review next steps from our previous meeting

7:02-7:03

1

Review plus/deltas from our previous meeting

Plus

Delta

  • Agenda on Promethean
  • Time limits
  • Less re-hashing

 

7:03-7:08

5

Determine EOC grading policy

Departments are considering quiz/test grade in grade-book!

7:08-7:10

2

Appoint 11th grade representative

Invite all of them! 

7:10-7:15

5

Discuss Electives Day – Think on it 1) for sure? 2) How/schedule? 3) what will be included?

7:15-7:18

3

Review next steps from this meeting:

-Elective day feed back/list of classes

-invite 11 graders

-EOC policies from departments

 

7:18-7:20

2

Assess what worked well about this meeting and what we would like to change for next time

Plus

Delta

  • Minutes are done!!!
  •  
  •  

 

       

 

 

IC MEETING AGENDA

11.15.16 2:45-4:00

Library

Topic: IC Student Representative (junior?), Final Exam Schedules, 1st Semester EOCs, Electives Day

 

Attendees: IC/DC members

Facilitator: Brett Rimer

Note taker: Stacy Jenkins

Time keeper:

Meeting objectives:

  • Decide on 11th grade student IC representative
  • Decide on semester one finals schedule
  • EOC’s first semester
  • Discuss Electives Day

To prepare for this meeting, please:

  • Read this agenda

Schedule [75 minutes]

Time

Minutes

Activity

2:45-2:47

2

Check-in and review how objectives of this meeting connect to our ongoing work

 

2:47-2:49

2

Review next steps from our previous meeting

 

2:49-2:50

1

Review plus/deltas from our previous meeting

Plus

Delta

[pluses from previous meeting]

[deltas from previous meeting]

 

2:50-3:00

10

Name student IC representative(s)

  • Dana Heart (11)
  • Seth Beller (11)
  • Ashley Blasi (11)
  • Hrithik Patel (11) [can’t attend after school meetings]

 

3:00-3:30

30

Decide on semester one finals schedule

 

3:30-3:40

10

Decide on EOC percentage as portion of semester final

3:40-3:50

10

Discuss Electives Day

3:50-3:55

5

Review next steps from this meeting: bring ideas about Electives Day to next meeting; how to count EOCs (by dept); invite other students to next after school meeting; Lena will provide draft of finals schedule; add Faulkner/Zhou to IC email group

 

3:55-4:00

5

Assess what worked well about this meeting and what we would like to change for next time

Plus

Delta

  • Agenda on Promethean
  • Time limits
  • Less re-hashing

 

       

 

8.16.16 Meeting Agenda

IC/DC Meeting

 

August 16, 2016

 

Minutes: Ginger Rinaldi

 

 

 

  • Master Schedule
  • Teach Backs
  • March IC Meeting Dates
    •  Add March 7, 7:00-7:30
    • Cancel March 22, 2:45-4:00
    • Choose either March 14 or 28, 2:45-4:00
    • Change April 19 to April 18

 

Next meeting: September 6, 2016

Minutes: Kevin Balder

IC/DC Meeting Agenda and Minutes 4.19.16

  • Discussion about modified day for May 11 Graduation day.
    • Release at 11:30.
    • Everyone wants a modified C day.
    • So, C, C, modified C, B, A
  • Upcoming staff meeting we will hand out Grad assignments.
  • April 29th—Senior Assembly
    • year book distribution
    • senior day (Dana wants all to promote expectation of attendance all day for all)
  • May 10 @ 6:30 Honors Assembly
  • April 27-28 (Wed/Thur) EOCs
    • teachers print bubble sheets for all classes
    • teachers install and use grade cam to score all EOCs
    • will have access to scores instantly in most cases
    • Brandon Back will email instructions PDF to all teachers
    • Brandon Back will conduct face-to-face trainings for those needing it 
    • synergy training.aps.edu to practice
  • Senior F notices
    • teachers contact home with senior failures (cc: counselor)
      • definite and potential
      • can finish entire semester on contract but can’t walk until May (Mr. Rimer has form)
    • counselors will send out letters as well
  • Traci Cadigan—departmental copy paper use
    • Allocation of 2.5 boxes of paper per teacher (see 15-16 use spreadsheet)
    • Review numbers with department 
    • Make case for need at May 3rd IC meeting
  • Fire drill Friday, April 22 at 7:30
  • Avoiding "all calls" when notifying teachers of missed meetings, conferences, etc.
    • Send email invitations for calendar event in a timely fashion via Outlook
    • If "all call" is necessary, do so only once for each teacher
 
 

IC/DC Meeting

 

April 5, 2016

 

Minutes: Greg Berger

 

 

 

  • Senior Finals
    • CCCBA week w/finals Tuesday/Wednesday (May 3&4)
    • Grades due Friday, May 6 by 2:30
  • Construction meeting
  • PARCC
    • Teacher test security training Thursday at 1:00
      • Best to send the one person proctoring for the entire department if possible
      • Otherwise ALL teachers who are proctoring must come to training
    • Chandler’s goal is to send out individual papers to all students during 3rd or 5th Wednesday showing when and where they are testing

 

 

 

Next meeting: April 19, 2016

Minutes: Stacy Jenkins

 

 

IC DC Meeting Minutes April 5, 2016

 

*Senior finals dates were given out.  Senior finals will take place on May 3-4.  Long tests can be broken into 2 parts.

The schedule for the week of senior finals will be: CCCBA

Senior grades will be due no later than 2:30 on May 5th.

*The contractor that is building the addition will be at the next staff meeting to discuss plans and answer any questions about the up-coming construction.

A parent meeting will be held on 5/23 to give information about construction.

Construction has already begun; plumbing on the soccer field on the west side of the building is being re-located.

*PARCC testing will begin next week.

Students will receive information on 4/6 in their 3rd or 5th periods on where they will be testing.

Anybody proctoring the PARCC exam will need to attend a mandatory test security meeting this Thursday at 1:00.  Location will be e-mailed.

*Dana gave a brief up-date on the Budget. David Blue will go to ½ time. Traci Cadigan will stay on as full time. Dana will need to adjust because David and Traci’s jobs are listed as different things according to the budget.

*The EOC exam window has been established. Dana will provide information on the EOC’s as it becomes available.

*Robert Perea provided the final exam schedule for the end of the year. There were no objections.

IC/DC Meeting

 

March 8, 2016

 

Minutes: Kevin Balder

 

 

  • Interim Assessments
  • Course Request Card Data Entry Update
  • Electives Day
  • Next year’s schedule
  • Isotopes School Day Matinee

 

Next meeting: March 22, 2016

Minutes: Francisco Timm

IC/DC Meeting

 

February 23, 2016

 

Minutes: Ginger Rinaldi

 

 

  • AdvancED External Review visit
  • AdvancED Team Members Interview IC Members

 

 

Next meeting: March 8, 2016

Minutes: Kevin Balder

Instructional Council Meeting Agenda

 

February 2, 2016

 

Minutes: Robert Perea

 

 

 

  • AdvancED External Review visit
  • IC Retreat (end/beginning of school year?)
  • AP Parent Night
  • Budget—Traci Cadigan

 

 

Next meeting: February 23, 2016

Minutes: Ginger Rinaldi

 

 

Instructional Council Meeting Minutes 2/2/16

 

Next Meeting:  2/23/16

 

1) AP Parent night tonight. All departments have representation. Meeting will be in lecture hall with tables set outside for each department.

2)  Begin thinking about IC retreat. When? Where? Suggested to leave it at the beginning of next school year. Is it a valuable use of time? Mr. Timm and Mrs. Lee will come up with an agenda later in the year.

 

3) Dana handed out a “draft” of the Advanced Ed visit schedule. 7 members of the team. 2 local and 5 from out of town. Team will arrive on February 22nd. They will be on campus on the 23rd. They will be given school overview and a tour of campus. Student interviews will be on that day. Idea is for 3 classes to volunteer to meet with them for interviews. The will meet with the IC that day after school in our regularly scheduled time. Classroom visits to be all day the 24th.  Goal is to hit every classroom. On the 25th they will finalize reports and review the reports with invested parties. Possibly members of the IC.

4) Reminder that if they do not observe something on the rubric it counts against us.

5)  Thursday there will be one last brief Advanced Ed meeting. Dana will go over schedule with staff and talk about last minute items. Brandon Back will be available after the meeting to help anyone with testing training.

 

IC Minutes Robert Perea

 

January 19, 2016 Agenda

IC/DC Meeting Agenda

 

January 19, 2016

 

Minutes: Mike Reilly

 

 

 

  • 8th Grade Open House—Monday January 25th
  • Fire Drill Schedule
    • February 11—12:00pm
    • March 8—7:35am
    • April 22—10:20am
    • May 17—1:40pm
    • Conflicts?
  • AP Parent Night—Tuesday, February 2nd
    • Concerns?
    • Representatives
      • At least lead AP teacher
      • Any teacher wanting to promote program
  • DI for Special Ed—Possible PD for afternoon of Feb 16?
  • NBCT School Improvement Project—Kat Graham
  • Pre-registration—Mike Reilly
  • PARCC Data Disaggregation

 

Next meeting: February 2, 2016

Minutes: Robert Perea

 

January 4, 2016 Agenda and Minutes

IC/DC Meeting Agenda

 

January 5th, 2016

 

Minutes: Martha Bedeaux

 

 

  • Bond Election
    • Student canvassing Saturday, January 16th
    • Student Senate, Football participating—others?
  • Online discipline referrals via Synergy—volunteer department to pilot?
  • School Letter Grade
    • Current standing
    • Comparison to last year
    • Comparison to other schools

 

Next meeting: January 19th, 2016

Minutes: Mike Reilly

 

 

IC/DC Minutes for January 5th, 2016

  • Bond Election
    • Student canvassing Saturday, Jan 25
    • Student Senate, Football participating – others?
      • Meet on concourse at 8:30
  • Online discipline referrals via Synergy – volunteer department to pilot?
    • Synergy has capacity for online discipline referrals. Do we have a department to pilot this?  Special Ed has volunteered.  This will involve all administrators.  Even though all could do this, let’s revisit at six weeks to see if all is well.
  • School Letter Grade – attachment
    • LCHS did earn an “A”.  We are the only APS comprehensive HS to maintain our grade and even grow.
    • Other schools had significant changes; but of course we need to continue to reflect and improve.
    • Dana believes the biggest factor was the attitude on campus.  Our freshmen stepped up, but we didn’t have many students walk out or opt out.  Great support from our parent community.

8th grade open house on Monday 1/25.

December 15, 2015 Agenda

IC/DC Meeting Agenda

 

December 15, 2015

 

 

 

  • January 4th PD
    • 8:00-9:30 Attend two of three half hour sessions
      • Grade book settings for accurate S1 grade reporting—Chandler
      • Tech updates—Endler
    • 9:30-12:00 Content PLCs
    • 12:30-2:30 Teacher Prep Time
  • New schedule proposals preference
    • Schedule #1
    • Schedule #2
  • AP Committee—Kim Connell would like to hear from those interested
    • AP Night
      • Help plan and present
      • Invite LC grads to speak about college success via AP prep
    • Consistency with developing and enforcing policies

 

Next meeting: January 5, 2016

Minutes: Martha Bedeaux

 

 

 

December 1, 2015 Agenda

IC/DC Meeting Agenda

 

December 1st, 2015

 

 

  • Course Catalog
  • Thursday early release
  • Staff Survey for AdvancED External Review (accreditation)
  • Next Thursday holiday luncheon and staff meeting
    • Meet in lecture hall after luncheon for brief staff meeting
    • Differentiated Instruction Professional Development
  • Final Exams
    • Must be given during final exam window
    • Every student should be engaged during scheduled final period

 

Next meeting: December 15th, 2015

Minutes: 1st Sergeant Griego

November 17, 2015 Agenda

IC/DC Meeting Agenda

November 17th, 2015

 

  • AdvancED Site Visit Review – Richard Faulkner
  • Holocaust Exhibit – Gerri Barnhart
  • English Department Survey over Differentiation – Martha Bedeaux
  • Differentiation PD / 2nd Phase
    • December 10th
  • Course Catalog 2016-2017 – Brett Rimer
    • Department course descriptions due by December 1st
    • New Course discussion
  • Excessive Copies – Brian Hubbell
    • Review of Department Usage
    • Actual costs
    • Plan beginning 2nd semester

 

Next Meeting: December 1, 2015

Minutes: Francisco Timm

November 3, 2015

IC/DC Meeting Agenda

November 3, 2015

 

 

  • SBA/PARCC Make-ups begin for Seniors

 

  • Activity Absence for Soccer on November 6th
    • Form on website / students excused 6th and 7th periods
  • New Course Proposals for 2016-17
  •  
  • Thursday AdvancED Staff Meeting @ 1:00pm in Lecture Hall
    • Social Studies and MCL teachers meet with Rachel Vigil, Holly Gurule and Brett Rimer at 2:00 to review observation schedule (Ms. Collins’ classroom)
  • Observations and Walkthroughs Continue
    • Domain 1 Deadline December 18th
  • High School Schedule Work Progressing
    • Next Meeting November 10th
    • Please give input to Lansing Freeman
  • Brett Rimer will be full-time at LCHS after Thanksgiving

 

 

Next Meeting: November 17th, 2015

Minutes:

October 20, 2015

IC/DC Meeting

October 20th, 2015

 

  • Copy Machine / Paper Usage – Brian

 

  • Activity Absence Forms for State Tournaments – Andrea

 

  • AP Instructional Planning Reports – Dana

 

  • HS Scheduling Discussion – Arjun, Lansing, Dana

 

  • Curriculum Assistant Update – Dana

 

  • PARCC Results / Opt Out discussion – Dana

 

  • Early Release Thursday / PLC Schedule Discussion – Francisco

 

Next Meeting: November 3, 2015

7:00-7:30am, PAC

Ocotber 6, 2015

IC/DC Meeting Agenda

October 6th, 2015

 

  • High School Schedule SY 2016-2017 / Committee
    • Schedule Format
    • Start Time
    • Course Taking Patterns
    • District Task Force
    • Stakeholder Team from LCHS
      •  
      • Kim Kerschen
      • Arjun Tandon
  • ‘Quick Visits’ in Math Classrooms
  • Review of collective practice in math classes
  • SMP implementation
  • Differentiation techniques
  • Non-Evaluative / No teacher names
  • Differentiated Instruction Roll-out
  • Staff Meeting on October 15th
  • One hour of DI professional development
  • Facilitated by teacher representatives
  • Two additional hours needed
  • Staffing Changes
  • AdvancED Team members needed:
    •  
    •  
    • Social Studies
    •  
  • PDP Reminder / October 14th

 

           

Next Meeting: October 20th, 2015

 

Meeting Minutes

 

IC/DC Meeting Minutes 10.6.2015

Present: Lee, Hubbell, Barnhart, Smart, Perea, Berger, Dutton, Yoshida, Griego, Rinaldi, Bedeaux, Grange, Balder, Jenkins

Items Discussed:

  • High School Schedule SY 2016-2017- District has assembled a task force with representatives from every stake holder group.  In addition each HS will send their own representation.  The union will be selecting the teacher representative at each school.  The first meeting will take place October 13th.
    • Currently the stake holder team from LCHS consists of Dana, Kim Kerschen and Arjun Tandon
    • Items to be discussed by the task force include:
      • schedule format (flex, block, traditional),
      • start time (big potential to delay start time to roughly 8:40-8:50 - observing Las Cruces and El Paso schools that already do)
      • Course taking patterns- adjusting classes to help 9th graders be more successful, this would also impact senior schedules and keep them on campus longer
    • The plan is to have a schedule to present to the board by Dec. 1st
    • Dana would like each teacher to submit their ideal schedule to their DC before the Oct. 13th meeting.
      • When creating the schedule keep in mind PLC, what’s working and not working with the current schedule.
    • Some site specific items brought to attention- the 300 free and reduced lunch kiddos, some stay on Thursdays and eat in the cafeteria by themselves when everyone else goes home,
    • District wide item-Cafeteria services are hurting and concerned about job security

 

  • Quick Visits in Math Classrooms-random observations that are non-evaluative and NO teacher names included will be conducted across the district
    • The purpose is review of collective practice in math classes
    • SMP implementation
    • Differentiation Techniques

 

  • Differentiated Instruction Roll-Out
    • Staff meeting on Oct. 15th will have brief housekeeping then the 1st hour of DI instruction
      • One hour of DI instruction done in breakout sessions
      • Facilitated by teacher representatives
      • Two additional hours will still be needed and the conversation of how to roll out will take place after the initial hour is complete

 

  • Staffing Changes
    • New math teacher- Ms. Hastings (replacing Alex Chang)
    • New science teacher- Mr. Stewart (replacing Carl Brady)

 

  • AdvancED Team members still needed from:
    •  
    •  
    • Social Studies
    •  

 

  • PDP Reminder:
    • Have 1st part complete and shared with administrator by October 14th
      • The new teachscape is incredibly cumbersome for admin…please be patient with them.

 

September 15, 2015

IC/DC Meeting

September 15th, 2015

 

  • Community Message – Questions

 

  • Assistant Principal Search Update

 

  • Staff Meeting Thursday
    • Teachscape Changes
    • Walkthrough Form
    • PDP Process

 

  • Differentiated Instruction Professional Development
    • Staff Instruction needed
    • 3 hours of training
    • How and when?

 

  • Leveling Update – Mike Reilly

 

  • IEP Modifications / Accommodations – Lauren Alsup

 

  • Beginning of year book checkout – Francisco Timm

 

 

 

 

Next Meeting: October 6, 2015

Minutes: Brittany Dutton

September 1, 2015

IC/DC Meeting

September 1st, 2015

 

  • Open House (agenda attached)
  • AdvancED work on Thursday
  • Homecoming Week Lunches?
    • Extended lunch periods to accommodate:
      • Powder Puff
      •  
      • Homecoming Parade
  • Leveling continues:
    • Over Budget by 1.38 FTE / need to eliminate 2 sections before asking for additional funding.
      • Sections with low numbers:

                                                Spanish II 2nd period           15

                                                Spanish II 6th period           12

                                                German II                             17

                                                German III,IV                      17

                                                PE 6th period                        20

                                                PE 6th period                        20

                                                Desktop II                             15

                                                Algebra 1 Up                        15

                                                Algebra 1 Up                        18

                                                Economics                            19

                                                Humanities                           17

                                                Humanities                           17

                                                Shakespeare                        18

                                                Lit Strats II                            9

                                                AP US History                       19

                                                AP Stats                                 17

           

 

Next Meeting:

September 15th, 2015

2:45-4:00pm, Library